Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What I Want To Learn

When I heard that T INST 475 Entrepreneurship was offered as a computer science credit, I was slightly confused but also interested in the potential this class has to offer me. First of all, I do have to admit that the primary reason I considered this class was because it worked great for my schedule and I didn't have any other options that fit my schedule because they were all full. Other than that, I've always had an interest in entrepreneurs as I watch Shark Tank almost every time it's televised. I've always envisioned entrepreneurs as wealthy, business smart, and someone I'd love to meet. I feel I have a great opportunity to learn the business side of software that could help me in the near future if I decide to pursue that path.

When thinking about this class, I really want to learn how easy or difficult it is to start up a business once an idea for something special is created and planned out. I've always idolized mobile app developers, such as the creators of "Angry Birds" or "Doodle Jump". I've always wanted to know how hard it really is to get your product on the market, make it sell, and how not to screw things up.

Lastly, I've always thought Entrepreneurship is too risky to get involved with. I've heard from family and friends that starting something up and putting all your time and effort into something is a huge risk that can be very successful or the opposite. I've wondered "is the risk worth the reward or not?" Entrepreneurship definitely intrigues me but I just want to be more educated on the risks, the challenges, and last but not least, the potential for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment