Saturday, January 14, 2017

Erik Hanbergs Life Lessons

Erik's presentation impacted me greatly. I feel his presentation really spoke to me, probably more than anyone else listening that day. I found his Cinema story very relatable in the fact that I've always had thoughts about doing the same thing, but with sports. I know plenty non-profit sports areas where kids play sports and I used to play at them when I was younger, and still do. I think his desire and passion for thinking about the future and the "big picture" in life is very similar to how I approach life. I'm not into reading books or writing whatsoever, but I really respected his approach to his entrepreneurship lifestyle. I actually looked up a few of his books after class that day. I thought his visual graphs on the whiteboard relating to salaries was interesting. The linear graph relating to great jobs such as doctors, engineers, and lawyers showed that they make great money but it is limited to a maximum salary. On the other polynomial graph, it related to the entrepreneurship lifestyle with venture capitalist, actors, authors, and sports and how their salaries don't have a limit but it's a long and hard beginning as the polynomial curve suggests. It was also really interesting to hear about his past businesses such as exit133.com, which was a 2006 blog site about Tacoma stuff and his current business "Side x Side." In the end, I really thought the quote from Seth Godin that he put on his power point really meant a lot. The quote talked about emotional labor and how lacking this trait is a problem in the entrepreneurship lifestyle. Overall, I really enjoyed this presentation and I took a lot out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment