Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Three Ideas

I've always had some ideas that I wanted to take further and possibly make them into a business but I never really thought about the outside concerns, such as money, time, and if there is even a large enough audience for some of them but I love brainstorming and thinking of products that could possibly change the future.

1. I've gone grocery shopping millions of times with my mom and I've always hated the inconvenience of having to go through a check out line at the end, ran by a person which is running a computer operated checkout system. To solve this issue, I've had an idea that would eliminate all check out lines in all grocery stores. My idea is creating grocery carts just like which exist, but add a computer system on each cart. This system would work just like a check out stand. You would scan each product and put it in the cart, which would contain a giant bag, or small bags, that would be getting "checked out" as you shop. This would eliminate all the check out space that currently exists in grocery stores today and also save grocery shoppers time. With this idea, grocery stores would need to have higher security to make sure no none damages or takes the carts home as well as create a few jobs that maintain and take care of these "tech carts."

2. My second idea also pertains to food in grocery stores. My idea is to create a mobile app that allows you to get the nutritional facts from produce at a grocery store, simply by weighing the food on the phone's screen or by taking a picture, or even scanning the food. Produce doesn't have nutritional labels on them but everything else in packages and boxes seems to. I feel this will help families choose healthier foods and really see what they are buying based on the actual produce they are holding, not based on what the average sized produce content is.

3. I love working out. I work out every day and I really hate busy gyms and having to wait for someone to finish what they are doing so you can then use the dumbbells or machine or whatever they were using. To solve this, my idea is to create another mobile app that could tell you how many people are at the gym. With this, this can help people change their schedule to workout because they could see how busy it is ahead of time. This would imply that gyms would need to keep a head count of everyone and constantly update this when a new person enters the gym. This process could easily be automated by having the user check in themselves at the front desk. I think this app has a huge upside in helping people use their time efficiently, helping people get a better workout because there is no wait time, and this idea could also be expanded very easily to other businesses, such as grocery stores, the mall, or even gas stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment