Monday, February 27, 2017

Shadrach White


I personally thought Shadrach Whites presentation had the most information out of all of the visitors so far that I could use going forward in my career. Shadrach's mottos of "be a revenue hawk" and "make friends early but known when to run" were the two main things that I took out of his presentation. He preached often about how business can always be solved with money and how being able to understand what buying/selling actually means is very crucial. I liked hearing his tips of advice starting with smile, make quiet time, and read. I thought it was very impressive how he's created and started up four businesses already but he started with landscaping businesses, laid bricks, dug ditches, and even worked at a retail outlet. I found all of this so impressive because he didn't go to college and got a certificate for network engineering at some small college later on. I was intrigued hearing about his businesses, Financial Systems, Sportsware, Axiom Systems, and now CloudPWR. His biggest product in CloudPWR, Respond, was very interesting in how basic yet efficient it really is. The last thing I really liked hearing was his response for financial planning. He said that an entrepreneur should always have cash reserves and a budget that they follow. He said he always has a plan 2-3 months in advance which I found as very good advice.

Overall, I found Shadrach to be a very inspiring person and I hope that his advice can help me in the future if I decide to pursue the entrepreneurship route.

No comments:

Post a Comment